Parks & Recreation
PLEASE see the top of pages
"Activities and Programs" & "Community Center" for UPDATES
- due TO COVID-19 and limited staffing, community CENTER, park rentals and PARK PROGRAMMING IS CLOSED
The City of Sunnyside Parks and Recreation Department pledges to sustain the delivery of the broad-based parks, facilities, programs and services creating a sense of community, enabling a safe and secure environment and enhancing Sunnyside's quality of life, by:
- Being responsive to the changing recreational needs of the diverse and growing community.
- Continuing a citizen-driven and professional approach to provide safe, well-designed, and maintained facilities and programs.
- Maximizing community resources.
- Providing responsible stewardship of human, fiscal, natural, and historic resources.
Reservations & Community EvenTS
Park Rental Application
Any rental over 50 people must provide insurance - Insurance Document
Water balloons prohibited
Due to liability reasons, bounce houses and slip and slides are not allowed
Community center rentals will resume in 2022.
The Community Center is currently being used to provide free COVID-19 Tests to the community on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9am-3pm, and on Tuesdays from 12pm-6pm.
Please call 509-575-4040 for questions about COVID-19 Testing.
For community events please complete the Community Event Permit
For park maps and amenities please click HERE